Covid-19: Villiers Street Updates20.03.2020
In light of Covid-19, we wanted to take this opportunity to remind you all that Villiers Street is largely still up and running for business, meaning you can still get your fix of fried chicken and sushi! Our bars and restaurants are doing everything they can to maintain a clean and safe environment for all of it’s customers and staff. Please check here regulary for live updates:
“Still open for business
- Following the recent announcement made by the government we’d like to emphasise, particularly for guests who still intend on visiting us, that the safety of our guest and team members are our highest priority.”
- “In light of the rapidly changing circumstances associated with Covid-19 we are taking special measures to protect our staff and customers. We plan to stay open with strict practices in place:
Service continues on our Terrace for as long as possible
– come and enjoy our wine and food in the fresh air!
Until further notice our opening hours will be:
Monday – Friday: 4 – 11.00pm
Saturday: 11.00am – 11.00pm
Sunday: 12 – 10.00pm
- This will allow us to clean and sanitise all areas of the bar before and regularly during service – including common surfaces; tables, chairs, handrails, floors, doors and other surfaces, such as our credit card machines and their keypads
- We will be operating outside on the terrace only – the interior of the bar will be closed to the public, however there will be customer access to our lavatories.
- Our terrace tables and chairs are well spaced – we ask that you leave them in position to keep a safe distance from other customers not in your party
- Similarly, our brilliant staff will be here to serve you but they will remain at a safe distance to take your order and will speedily deliver your order. We would be grateful if you could assist by keeping your distance
- Our staff are being monitored daily to ensure they are well and that they have not knowingly been exposed to anyone who is infectious or has been to an ‘at risk’ area
- All staff are practising routine and repeated handwashing between serving and you will see they wear gloves to clear your tables which will be disposed after clearing each table
- We ask that customers also wash their hands upon arrival, and throughout their visit, or use sanitiser, as recommended by the government.”
“Every 20 minutes a bell rings and teams in every single itsu kitchen undergo a rigorous routine, sanitising all worktops and equipment, as well as washing hands. We’ve been doing this for over 7 years, and are proud to say that 100% of our shops have a food hygiene rating of 5, the highest score that can be awarded in the industry”
Five Guys is open as usual, the full menu is available on Deliveroo and Uber Eats.
We will remain open for click and collect, from midday until 8pm everyday.
We are no longer accepting reusable cups (but we’ll honour the discount if you bring your cup). We’ve also moved all cutlery to behind our tills. We are committed to looking after our teams while we are adapting, and we continue to donate our unsold food to shelters at the end of each day.
To further prevent the risk of COVID-19 spreading, Ippudo London has closed its Villiers Street branch temporarily.
We hope everyone is keeping busy and safe, and we can’t to see you again in the next coming months!
The Villiers Street Team